DAILIES® brand contact lenses provide outstanding comfort and convenience for a wide-range of vision conditions.
March 23, 2020
On March 19th, we were notified that the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) find it essential to suspend all regular and routine eye treatments and procedures until April 21, 2020.
At Eyecare Associates, our patients and our staff are our priority, so beginning Monday March 23, 2020, our clinic will be open from 9am -12pm Monday – Friday for emergent and urgent appointments. Our optical shop will also be open from 9am-12pm Monday – Friday for patients who need to order or pick up glasses.
Our contact lens department and our call center will be open from 9am-4pm for contact lens orders and scheduling emergency appointments for the doctors who will be in the office, as well as assisting patients who need to reschedule an appointment that has been canceled because of the change in hours.
Additionally, we are scheduling telemedicine appointments from 9am- 4pm, Monday – Friday. If you have the technology (Facetime or Google Duo) to allow for this type of visit and would prefer not to come into the office, you can ask to be scheduled with our telemedicine doctor. Our call center staff can assist you with these appointments.
Our staff at Eyecare Associates and Outpatient Eye Surgery Center will be contacting anyone who has a scheduled appointment, surgical or laser procedure within the next four weeks to reschedule.
If you have an emergent issue or require further assistance, please contact our office at 504-455-9825. Any after-hours calls will be forwarded by the answering service to your doctor or to the doctor on call for the practice.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time and please stay safe.
Ronald A. Landry, M.D.
Outpatient Eye Surgery Center
Eye Laser Institute
The Looking Glass
Coronavirus: How We’re Taking Precautions
The safety of our patients and staff is of the utmost importance to the physicians and staff of Eyecare Associates; therefore, in light of the issues surrounding COVID-19, commonly referred to as Coronavirus, we wanted to let our patients know about the precautionary steps we are taking.
Our leadership team pro-actively developed a plan to deal with COVID-19; we believe preparing our staff and providing information to patients are positive steps to avoid spreading the virus.
- Patients are being asked to reschedule their appointments if they have a respiratory infection, fever, or if they have traveled outside the US in the previous 30 days.
- Team members who have respiratory issues or fever are instructed to stay at home.
- We have removed magazines in all waiting rooms, for now, to avoid having items that are shared among patients.
- For further protection, patients are being asked to wear a mask upon arrival to our offices if they are recovering from cold symptoms. Any patient with fever is asked not to enter the office and to call prior to the visit.
While the overall risk of COVID-19 to the general public remains low, elderly people and individuals with chronic medical conditions may have increased risk for COVID-19. The best prevention measures for any respiratory virus are:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We encourage you to take steps to protect you and your family; if you are concerned that you have been exposed to COVID-19 or if you have symptoms, please see your physician to be tested – and be sure to follow their guidelines to avoid spreading the virus. If you have any questions or concerns related to COVID-19 and an upcoming appointment at our office, please call us at (504) 455-9825.
- Please understand that Eyecare Associates is not a governing body, and we encourage our patients to use the following official resources to find current information on appropriate courses of action and to track new cases:
- World Health Organization(WHO) Rights, Roles & Responsibilities of Health Workers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) Interim Guidance for COVID-19
- OSHAGuidance on Workplace Preparation for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Global Cases Live Mapby the CSSE at Johns Hopkins University
- Events CouncilDiscussion of Insurance and Legal Considerations for Event Professionals