As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring that you are being successfully treated, we have compiled a list of tips and suggestions to assist you in remembering to take you glaucoma medication.
Helpful Hints for Remembering Your Glaucoma Medication Consistency
- Always take your eye drops at the same time every day (or as recommended by your doctor).
- Associate taking your eye drops with other daily routines you have established for yourself, such as brushing your teeth.
- Keep your eye drops in the same place in your home and always know where they are.
- Ask a friend or family member to remind you to take your drops. Each day, they can ask, “Did you remember your eye drops today?”
Send Yourself A Signal
- Set a daily clock or watch alarm to serve as a reminder to take your eye drops.
- Put a reminder note in a prominent location, such as on the refrigerator door or on the mirror in your bathroom.
- Keep a calendar nearby and draw an “X” through each day after your medication is taken. This will serve as an easy visual cue to whether you took your medicine that day.
Make Sure You Do Not Run Out of Medication
- Keep a log of how long the eye drops last so you can get a refill before running out.
- Once you know how long your medication should last, mark your calendar to refill your prescription one week before you expect to run out.