[swf src=”https://eyecareneworleans.com/Glaucoma.swf” width=700 height=390]
Don’t Let Glaucoma Rob You of Your Vision
Successfully managing your glaucoma is a continuing partnership between you and Eyecare Associates. Everyone at ECA is dedicated to providing the best care possible; however, it is critical that you take your medication(s) as directed and commit to keeping your follow-up appointments.
Diagnostic testing is another tool used by your doctor to evaluate the advancement of your disease. When scheduling your follow up examination, be sure and also schedule any tests recommended by your doctor.
Keep in mind that Glaucoma is hereditary. Anyone who has a relative diagnosed with Glaucoma should schedule an examination to determine if they too suffer from this disease.
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring that you are being successfully treated, we have compiled a list of tips and suggestions to assist you in remembering to take you glaucoma medication.
Helpful Hints for Remembering Your Glaucoma Medication Consistency
- Always take your eye drops at the same time every day (or as recommended by your doctor).
- Associate taking your eye drops with other daily routines you have established for yourself, such as brushing your teeth.
- Keep your eye drops in the same place in your home and always know where they are.
- Ask a friend or family member to remind you to take your drops. Each day, they can ask, “Did you remember your eye drops today?”
Send Yourself A Signal
- Set a daily clock or watch alarm to serve as a reminder to take your eye drops.
- Put a reminder note in a prominent location, such as on the refrigerator door or on the mirror in your bathroom.
- Keep a calendar nearby and draw an “X” through each day after your medication is taken. This will serve as an easy visual cue to whether you took your medicine that day.
Make Sure You Do Not Run Out of Medication
- Keep a log of how long the eye drops last so you can get a refill before running out.
- Once you know how long your medication should last, mark your calendar to refill your prescription one week before you expect to run out.
You are highly valued as a patient at Eyecare Associates. We view successful health care as a partnership between you and us. Please call us with any questions you might have. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.